Brian C. Kunzler is the founder of K&M. He has a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with a minor in computer science from Utah State University. He received his law degree with honors from Brigham Young University. He has practiced law since 1994, gaining experience in two of Utah’s most established intellectual property law firms. Mr. Kunzler has extensive expertise acquiring and enforcing patents in the fields of electrical devices and electronics, computers and computer software, medical arts, hydrocarbon engines, and mechanical devices.
Mr. Kunzler has prepared patent applications for numerous Fortune 500 companies, emerging software and Internet companies, as well as individuals and start-up ventures. He also has extensive experience in and regularly counsels clients in the areas of trademarks, copyrights, computer law, licensing, trade secrets, and intellectual property litigation and litigation avoidance.
Mr. Kunzler currently represents clients including IBM Corporation, Hitachi Storage, Cummins, Lenovo, local universities, software and Internet companies, as well as many other companies and individuals located in Utah and throughout the country.
Mr. Kunzler has been admitted to practice before the state and federal courts in Utah, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the Utah State Bar Intellectual Property Section. He is conversant in Mandarin Chinese. He is active in community affairs and frequently lectures on intellectual property law topics to practitioners and business groups.
Areas of Practice:
- International Intellectual Property
- Technology Licensing
- Trade Dress
- Trade Secrets
- Computer Law
- Domain Names
- U.S. District Court District of Utah U.S. Patent and Trademark Office U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Utah State University, Logan, Utah B.S.
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- IBM Corporation
- Local Universities
- Software and Internet Companies such as Coast and Videolocity, Inc.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Intellectual Property Law Association Member
- Utah State Bar Association – Intellectual Property Section Member
- Mandarin Chinese